Site Map & Rules
Eastern Slope Camping Area reserves the right to modify policies, rules, and rates as well as to refuse future rebooking at any time. Eastern Slope Camping Area reserves the right to refuse entry into any part of the campground to any persons or animals. Ejection from the campground will result in forfeiture of all payments, without recourse, retribution, or refund of any kind.
- Site check-in is from 1:00PM - 9:00PM. Please do not arrive before 1:00 or after 9:00. Cabin check-in is at 3:00PM.
- Early check-ins may be possible, for a $20.00 fee, depending upon site availability and conditions. Please check with the office regarding any early or late check-in requests.
- If you have not checked-in within 24 hours of your scheduled check-in time, we will assume you have changed your plans and we will consider the reservation canceled. Please call if you are going to be late and would like us to hold your site.
- No Early Check-ins on Fridays and Saturdays from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
- All check-outs are at 11:00AM.
- Late check-outs may be possible for, a $20.00 fee, depending upon site availability and conditions. Please check with the office regarding any early or late check-out requests.
- No Late Check-outs on Fridays and Saturdays from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
- Click here for important information on Rebooking.
Quiet hours are in effect from 10:00PM until 7:00AM. This is a family campground and violation of these rules will not be permitted. No voices should be audible outside of the area of your campsite, and no music playing, after 10:00PM. Sound travels quite easily throughout the campground. Loud music will not be permitted at any time of the day. Quiet hours apply to dogs, too. No barking during quiet hours, please! Avoid congregating in large groups after 10:00PM to be sure you do not violate quiet hours. The campground is patrolled regularly throughout the evening for the safety and enjoyment of all. All persons 17 and under must be on their site by 10:00PM. Please help us by obeying the quiet hours and immediately reporting violations to the office or a staff member.
Vehicles & Parking
- All vehicles must display a valid car pass on the dashboard. Car passes will be issued at time of check-in.
- Campers are allowed a maximum of two vehicles per campsite, including motorcycles. Cabins are permitted one vehicle per cabin. Limited overflow parking may be available at no charge – please inquire at camp office. Do not park on empty sites; these sites may be awaiting incoming campers. ATVs, drones, dirt bikes, and golf carts are not permitted in the campground. No driving of motorcycles during quiet hours.
- Fireplaces out at 11:30PM, sharp. Do not add logs after 11:00PM. Fires must be extinguished completely by 11:30PM, sharp, per order of Conway Fire Department. Fires often reignite themselves, so be sure they are completely extinguished!
- Fires may be no higher than knee height. No bonfires or large group fires. Do not move fire ring from where they are placed – state law, $2,000.00 fine. Fireplaces are for wood only – no trash, bottles, or garbage, please.
- Eastern Slope Camping Area management and staff reserve the right to extinguish any fire with water or sand after 11:30PM for the safety of all campers, and the continued enjoyment of our campfire permit.
- Firewood is sold in the camp store and office. Please do not disturb trees in any way, including cutting of trees, peeling bark, pulling off tree limbs, or any other environmentally damaging behavior. Please do not build fires outside of your fire rings or dig any holes.
New Hampshire State Law
- Do not bring firewood from another state into New Hampshire! Insects ride on the wood and can infect our forests. Visit www.dontmovefirewood.org for more information.
- Do not feed the wildlife.
- Keep trash and garbage off the ground or preferably locked in the car until you can get to the dumpster. Animals may approach if you leave trash or food out overnight! Do not disrupt the wildlife or your surroundings. Do not feed, approach, chase, or otherwise disturb any wildlife. Please report any injured or disruptive wildlife to the campground office immediately.
Bicycles & Children
- Do not ride bikes through vehicle gates. (Walk over on side.)
- No bicycle riding after dark.
- Parents are responsible for their children and pets at all times.
- New Hampshire state law states that “No person less than 16 years of age may operate or ride upon a bicycle on a public way unless he or she wears protective headgear of a type approved by the commissioner of health and human services.” This law applies to Eastern Slope Camping Area, so please, all persons under 16 years old, wear your helmets!
Trash & Recycling
- ESCA uses 100% recycled paper and recycles cardboard, cans, bottles, and paper.
- You are responsible for properly disposing of all trash/waste from your site and for recycling at the appropriate facilities on our grounds. Dumpster locations are posted! Do not leave trash on your site.
- BE GREEN!
- Leave only footprints, take only photographs. Please pick up after yourself, everywhere in the campground, including the beach and river.
- Conserve water with short showers, and avoid unnecessary water usage.
- All dumpsters on the campground are to be used for all recyclables.
- No disposal of outside trash is permitted. Do not dispose of mattresses, propane bottles, tires, electronics, etc..
Black & Gray Water / Honey Wagon Service
- A self-service dump station is available for gray and black water. Please, only dump in this one designated area. Do not pump gray water onto the ground! Ask for help if you are unsure of how to use the facility. Honey wagon service is available for a fee. Please see the office for rates and availability of services.
Visitors & Guests
- Day Visitors:
- Day visitor hours are from 8:00AM to 9:00PM.
- Limit four visitors – adults or children – per site.
- Limit one dog per site. Any dog visiting the campground MUST present a valid rabies certificate to the office.
- Overnight visitors:
- If your party has more than four adults and/or more than eight people, and/or more than two dogs overnight, you will need to reserve an additional campsite. Any dog visiting the campground MUST present a valid rabies certificate to the office.
- All visitors must check-in with the office and pay appropriate fees. All visitors will be issued a car pass that must be displayed on their vehicles at all times.
- Unruly conduct, underage drinking, use of illegal substances, firearms, illegal dumping, improper use of facilities, destruction of property, fighting, theft of property, violence, etc. will not be permitted and reports of such behaviors can and will be directed to the Conway Police Department. Violators will forfeit their campsite, without refund, immediately.
- Fireworks and firearms are strictly prohibited! Use of these items will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.
- Do not move canopies, picnic tables, or fire rings/grills from, to, or around sites. If you need assistance, please ask a staff member or contact the office.
- Eastern Slope Camping Area is not responsible for lost or stolen items, so please lock food, valuables, and any alcohol in your vehicle when you go to bed at night, and at all times. Our family owned and operated campground has a 60 year history of family friendliness, and we want to keep that tradition going strong. The campground is patrolled regularly. We want to ensure everyone’s safety and security while camping with us, and we do not tolerate theft or destruction or others’ personal property. Please do your part and store belongings wisely, including locking all your campers and vehicles. We reserve the right to evict any camper at any time for violation of campground rules and policies. You may report lost items to the office, as campers often pick up dropped iPods, phones, keys, and other commonly lost items, and return them to the office to be found.
- Please report any lost or found items to the camp office.
Dial 911 in an Emergency!
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- A valid rabies certificate must be presented for every dog.
- Pick up your pet’s waste!
- Dogs must be friendly, obedient, well-behaved, tolerant of children, and tolerant of other animals.
- Quiet hours for the campground apply to dogs, too!
- Dogs should never be left unattended anywhere in the campground.
- Sorry, but no Dobermans, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or Rottweilers are allowed. This includes mixes as well.
- Any dog visiting the campground MUST present a valid rabies certificate to the office.