Eastern Slope Camping Area is proud to offer kayak and boat rentals for the enjoyment of our guests.
Our 7.5 mile trip provides 3-4 hours of paddling time, depending on river conditions and the amount of stops made.
Leisurely paddling down the clear waters of the Saco River, occasionally stopping at the many sandy beaches for a picnic and a swim or to enjoy the natural beauty of the location … nothing could be more relaxing and yet still fun for the whole family! Eastern Slope Camping also provides shuttle service so that you don't have to worry about driving yourself somewhere to canoe or kayak. The best part is, you will land right at our sandy beach at the end of your paddle and simply pull your boat to the shore and get back to camping! There are a limited number of boats and spaces for shuttles, so reservations fill up quickly! Don't miss out, book your boat rental and shuttle when you book your camping trip, or as soon as you decide when you would like to go!
2021 Boat Rental Rates
|Cost includes boat, shuttle service, paddles, and life vests for each person!|
When booking boats prior to May 15th, shuttle times will be scheduled starting May 15th.
Shuttle times must be scheduled at time of booking after May 15th.
Shuttles leave at 9:00, 10:30, and 11:45 AM. All boaters must return to ESCA by 5:00 PM.
For Your Safety, Please Note:
- Single Kayaks accommodate a maximum of ONE person. We recommend that children under 13 do not operate a single kayak. Paddling alone requires experience, endurance and upper body strength. It is difficult even for many adults. A single kayak cannot accommodate a dog unless it is small.
- Double Kayaks accommodate a maximum of 2 adults, and 1 small child, or dog. We recommend that at least one operator is over 18, as paddling a double kayak requires experience, endurance, and upper body strength. It is difficult even for many adults.
- Canoes accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children. We recommend that at least one operator is over 18, as paddling a canoe requires experience, endurance, and upper body strength. It is difficult even for many adults. A canoe can accommodate one dog.
- Please arrive at the office at least 15 minutes prior to shuttle departure to pick up shuttle tickets. All fees need to be paid and waivers need to be completed prior to departure.
- River conditions are unpredictable even from hour to hour. Not only can speed and depth vary at different points, but rain can drift in and out even if there is no rain in the forecast. The river is a natural resource, it is not a controlled ride.
- We will not under any circumstances shuttle or rent any water craft if or when we determine river conditions are too dangerous for operation or if a renter does not possess the physical strength or experience to operate the kayak/canoe safely. We consult the United States Geological Survey (USGS) several times daily to make river condition determinations.
- You must sign a waiver of consent stating that you are aware of the risks and are in good physical condition, capable of operating and carrying the watercraft, along with other terms and conditions.
- Eastern Slope Camping Area is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal belongings. We recommend that you bring a cell phone with you, in case of emergency, along with a waterproof bag to put it in.
- You must be fit enough to drag your canoe/kayak down to the river from the drop off.
- Every passenger must wear a life vest at all times. If you bring your pet, we highly recommend it wear a life vest, too. (You must provide your own pet vest.)
- Please do not litter on your trip. The crystal clear waters of the Saco River and the surrounding environments are in danger due to overuse and abuse. Please help all the friends of the Saco River by disposing of ALL TRASH (including cigarette butts, cans, bottles, paper, food waste, etc.) in the proper receptacles at the campground.
- There is a $20.00 nonrefundable deposit on any boat reservation that you cancel.
The Saco River offers many great fishing opportunities! To learn about and obtain a NH fishing license visit: Take Me Fishing.